Procurement and Contract Services Policy & Procedures Manual
Section 300: Purchasing
304-001: Invoice Completion and Approval
Invoices for amounts equal to or greater than $25,000, that are not paid against a Banner Purchase Order, require Banner Invoice Completion and PaCS approval before payment will be issued. The completion process and approving officials will vary based on the dollar amount of the invoice. For additional information on approval routing and related separation of duties see FIS 1108 Approval Routing
Banner Invoice completion and PaCS approval will consist of verification that accurate documentation is in place, the procurement was appropriate, conducted in a manner consistent with applicable regulations and within delegated authority. Approval may be granted by the following individuals at the dollar thresholds.
|Dollar Threshold||Required Approving Officials|
|$25,000 - $499,999.99||Procurement and Contract Services Analyst|
|$500,000 - $999,999.99||Procurement and Contract Services Chief Procurement Officer or Procurement Supervisor or Executive Director, Campus Operations|
|$1,000,000 and Above||Procurement and Contract Services Chief Procurement Officer or
Executive Director, Campus Operations
Assistant Vice President and Controller or
Assistant Director of Accounting/Finance
Vice President of Finance and Administration or
Associate Vice President of Finance and Administration or
Director, Budget and Fiscal Planning
President, Provost, Executive Vice Provost or Vice Provost.
- Submit an email to PaCS at email@example.com requesting invoice completion. Include the Banner Invoice document number and any supporting documentation or information for verification that the appropriate procurement method has taken place or that an existing contract is in place. This explanation should be included in the Banner Invoice document text as well.
- The required approving official will review the invoice and documentation in order to make an approval determination. If the purchase or contract is determined to be unauthorized, the process for rectification or ratification of the unauthorized procurement will be followed.
- Approvals for invoice amounts between $500,000 and $999,999.99 must be provided by the required approving officials indicated above in writing to Business Affairs.
- Approvals for invoice amounts equal to or greater than $1,000,000 must be provided by the required approving officials indicated above on a “Payment in Excess of One Million Dollars” form, which can be obtained from Business Affairs.
- Once approved by the required authorized approver, PaCS will complete the Invoice in Banner.