An item acquired by donation, transfer-in from another institution, loan, lease, or purchased on Agricultural Research or OSU Foundation funds (any method other than through FIS Banner) must be added to inventory if the value meets the capital threshold and/or the item must be insured by OSU.
A Fixed Asset Data Entry form should be completed and submitted to Property Management for each item. This form documents the same information that would ordinarily be provided in Banner for the completion of the asset record.
- New or Change: Check “New”
- Cond: Check the condition code that best describes the item.
- Status: Check the status code that best describes the current status of the asset.
- Asset Tag Number: Leave blank.
- Component of: Enter Asset tag number if this item is a component of another unit.
- Description: Complete description of the asset, generic or common noun first.
- Department: Department responsible for asset.
- Orgn Code: Enter the organization code for the owning department.
- Location: Building and room number or appropriate Bldg/Room code.
- Sound Value: Market value of item (equipment that isn’t purchased should be appraised for its current fair market value).
- Replacement Value: Replacement value, if different from sound.
- Book Value: Same as sound value. Note: Only OSU-owned items have a book value – i.e. they are added to the investment in plant.
- Insurance Value: Amount item should be insured for, if different from Replacement value.
- Title-to: Check the appropriate title code designating ownership and insurance.
- Percent Used: Fill in the amount of time that the asset will actually be used.
- Banner PO: Leave blank.
- Banner Doc: Leave blank.
- Manufacturer: Fill in manufacturer’s name.
- Model: Fill in manufacturer’s model number.
- Serial Number: Fill in manufacturer’s serial number.
- Grant or Contract: Fill in if appropriate (government furnished property is usually accountable to a current award).
- How Acquired: Check the acquisition code that describes the method of acquisition.
- Functional Use Code: Enter the use code that describes the primary use for the asset.
- Responsible Person: Full name of the person responsible for the asset.
- PI Code: Enter the two-digit code to identify responsibility (if used).
- Rec’d Date: Enter date received (date OSU became responsible for the asset). Leave tag date blank.
- In Use Date: The date the asset is put into service. This will be the depreciation start date for the asset.
- Asset Funding Source: Leave blank.
- Explanation: Explain reason for transaction, or note any information that should become part of the asset record.
- Requestor Name: Name of person submitting the form.
- Requestor Phone: Phone number of person submitting the form.
- Date: Date of request.
Note: This form may also be used to update information in the asset record. In this event, check the "Change" box at the top of the form, enter the inventory number of the asset to be updated under "Asset tag #" and then fill in the appropriate line with the correcting information. Be sure to complete the "Requestor” section.
Fixed Asset Data Form with Sample Data