- Human Resources
- Student & Temporary Employment
- Poling Finance
- MU Finance
Welcome to the
Auxiliaries and Activities Business Center
Located in the Memorial Union finance office - MU 215
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
The payroll office processes time records for pay compensation for the Oregon State University auxiliary and student fee-based units. We provided and assist with the maintenance of payroll documents for earnings and tax purposes for approximately 2500 employees each month.
2014 Tax Law Changes:
Increase in Social security taxable wage base -
- The social security taxable wage base increased from $113,700 to $117,000.
- Only pay of $117,000 or less is taxed for social security, anything earned during a single tax year in excess of that is not taxed for social security.
- If you earn $10,000 a month you will reach this maximum in December. You will only be taxed for social security on $7,000 - the amount remaining to reach the maximum.
The earning threshold amounts on Medicare surtax on high wage earners changed -
- Employers must withhold an additional .9% in Medicare tax on those employee's who earn more than $200,000 annualy.
- Typically the employee pays 1.45% in medicare tax, high wage earners who make more than $200,000 will be taxed 2.35%