EOP at a Glance
The Educational Opportunities Program (EOP) provides a welcoming environment that supports the full development of the personal and academic potential of students who have traditionally been denied equal access to higher education.
The program was created at Oregon State University in 1969 and provides support to students of color, students with disabilities, students who are single parents, low-income students, students who have been rurally isolated, undocumented students, veterans, older-than-average (25+), or 1st generation in college (neither parent graduated).
EOP started out with 48 students in 1969, and now has over 400 students. Our graduates have achieved positions benefiting their community, including judges, lawyers, doctors, college professors, business owners, counselors, social workers, teachers, and the list goes on and on.
We provide the following services:
- assistance through the admissions process
- assistance in locating financial resources
- orientation to the University
- academic and personal advising
- courses to help review or fill in gaps in math, reading and writing
- assistance with finding jobs and internships, writing resumes and cover letters
If you would like more information on how EOP can assist you, contact:
Educational Opportunities Program
Oregon State University
337 Waldo Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331-6405