The Undergraduate Minor in Economics
Students minoring in economics must complete a minimum of 27 credits with a GPA of 2.0 in their program of study. A maximum of 2 classes (8 credits) may be taken on an S/U basis. Course requirements for the minor in economics are:
- ECON 201 – Introduction to Microeconomics (4 credits)
- ECON 202 – Introduction to Macroeconomics (4 credits)
- ECON 311 – Intermediate Microeconomic Theory I (4 credits)
- 15 credits of upper division classes in economics
- ST 351, Introduction to Statistical Methods, serves as a substitute for 4 credits of economics upper division coursework when ECON 424, Introduction to Econometrics, is part of the student’s program.
- The College of Business does not allow its students to take ECON 201 and ECON 202 on an S/U basis.
- Students are advised to consult with the economics minor advisor before completing their coursework.
- In addition to the requirements above, students must declare the economics minor on the appropriate form with the College of Liberal Arts.
Effective Spring 2006