Economics Program Job Posting
Oregon State University
School of Public Policy
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor
The Economics Program in the School of Public Policy invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level beginning September 16, 2014. Applicants with a field in international trade and/or public economics are sought. Candidates should expect to receive their Ph.D. in economics or a related field by September 2014. We seek candidates who can demonstrate high quality teaching and scholarship. OSU is an AA/EOE. Closing date for full consideration is November 15, 2013.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I apply?
A. Go to https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp and search using the posting #0010991. When applying you will be required to electronically submit:
1) A resume/CV
2) A letter of application describing how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position
3) Evidence of teaching effectiveness, such as course syllabi and/or course evaluations (upload as Required "Other Document")
4) One writing sample, e.g., publication, research paper, book chapter (upload as 'Other Document 2')
5) Unofficial graduate transcripts for applicants with Ph.D.s earned/expected after June 2013
6) Three letters of reference should be sent directly to Hiring Coordinator, Oregon State University, Economics Program, 303 Ballard Extension Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331-3612
Q. Can I mail all of my application materials instead of applying online?
A. Sorry, no. Oregon State University requires electronic application.
Q. Are you accepting late applications?
A. Application review will begin November 16, 2013. For full consideration, application needs to be submitted by November 15, 2013.
Q. The electronic application does not provide enough “other document” options for my materials. How should I go about submitting the remaining items to you?
A. Documents over 5 MB in size can be sent to email@example.com or mailed to Hiring Coordinator, Oregon State University, Economics Program, 303 Ballard Extension Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331-3612
Q. Is an unofficial graduate transcript acceptable or do you require official transcripts?
A. An unofficial transcript will suffice.
Q. If I have questions, whom should I contact?
A. Questions about this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-737-2321.