Additional Major Requirements
All economics majors must complete courses to satisfy the following requirements:
1. All major/option requirements (51 credits).
2. All College of Liberal Arts requirements (15 credits). No Economics classes or Bac Core classes may be used to satisfy these requirements.
3. All College of Liberal Arts requirements for either the B.A. or B.S. degree.
4. All Bac Core requirements (48 credits). No Economics classes may be used for the Bac Core.
5. Total credits of 180, at least 60 of which must be upper division (300 or 400 level).
1. Students must maintain a grade point average of 2.00 or better in all courses taken for the Economics major (as well as an overall OSU GPA of 2.00 or better).
2. Students must earn a grade of 2.00 or better in each upper division required course: ECON 411 (or ECON 311), ECON 415 (or ECON 315), ECON 423, ECON 427 (or ECON 424), WIC Course.
3. No more than 4 credits of self-study courses (ECON 401-406, 408-410) may be counted towards the 51 credit requirement.
4. None of the 51 credits may be taken S/U.
1. Take ECON 411 (or ECON 311) and ECON 415 (or ECON 315) as soon as possible.
2. Do not wait until the end to take your Econometrics courses.
3. Plan Ahead! Not all classes are offered every term.