Please return your completed application to the Student Involvement Information Desk or Snell 133 by 5:00pm on Wednesday, September 24, 2014. Additionally, you can scan and email them to our office, email@example.com, or mail the application to 133 Snell Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331.
Have the following requirements completed and sent:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- Writing Sample
- Completed eligibility form with Application
Paid student interns are employed to assist in the Office of Advocacy. While the work of the interns varies, responsibilities include daily oversight and file managment, as well as researching the many issues facing students on campus. This is a great opportunity to familiarize oneself with the workings of a non-traditional office as well as to gain experience in grassroots organizing.
If you are interested in an intern position as they occur, please contact the Office of Advocacy.
Job Description -Interns in the Office of Advocacy are expected to run the day to day operations of the office as well as seek new projects of personal interest to benefit the long-term functioning of the Office of Advocacy. The daily maintenance of the office includes, but is not limited to, answering phones, setting client appointments, managing the calendar, assisting clients, taking notes during client appointments, checking and responding to client e-mails, and working with client files, both paper and through the file database. Interns are encouraged to develop projects of interest and assist other interns in projects that are in progress. It is not required that interns have projects, but it is highly recommended.
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Only sign up for hours you are able to attend
- Create a welcoming environment
- Represent the Office on campus
- Be respectful of co-workers, students, etc.
- Cover all hours of Office operation
- Further Office knowledge
- Have mid-term evaluations
- Prioritize office work
- Keep Office tidy, functional, and well-supplied
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Superior communication skills
- Time management
- Self motivated
- Detail oriented
- Good work ethic
- Consistent in quality of work