Faculty at the North Willamette Research & Extension Center (NWREC) work closely with advisory boards, grower organizations, non-profits, and agencies to identify production and management needs in the industry. We often conduct cooperative projects with scientists from the OSU campus, other research and Extension centers, other universities and our community partners. OSU graduate students conduct research at the Center. Growers in the North Willamette area contribute materials and allow use of their land and facilities for specialized studies.
Among those contributing to programs at the Center are the:
- Oregon Strawberry Commission
- Oregon Raspberry and Blackberry Commission
- Oregon Blueberry Commission
- Oregon Fresh Market Growers Association
- Oregon Processed Vegetable Commission
- Oregon Association of Nurseries
- Oregon Tilth
- Pacific Northwest Christmas Tree Association
- Oregon Hazelnut Commission and the Hazelnut Marketing Board
- East and West Multnomah and the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- USDA Natural Resorce Conversation Service district offices
In addition, seven counties comprise the North Willamette Research and Extension Center and the service area for our faculty and staff and the focus of their work. Clackamas, Marion, Yamhill, Polk, Washington, and Columbia all contribute funding to support our Extension and research programs and activities. Also, Clackamas County government has provided a rent-free lease to OSU for the 160-acre property NWREC has occupied since 1957.