- About Student Life
- Parents & Family
- Faculty, Staff & Advisors
About the Office of the Dean of Student Life
About Student Life
We are the department of Student Life in the Division of Student Affairs. Our mission is to provide educational and developmental opportunities for students to make informed decisions that support their success at Oregon State University. We are dedicated to providing an environment that will enable students to effectively engage in their academic and intellectual work.
Students inspire us! We get energized by young people searching for their dreams and discovering their passions.
Our vision is to sustain the academic mission of Oregon State University by creating, nurturing, and sustaining a campus environment that supports student success. With programs and services that have special focus on student development, The Office of the Dean of Student Life is committed to building a campus community that brings learning and self-discovery to the forefront of a student's experience at Oregon State University, so that we may prepare the next generation of global citizen-scholars with the ability to make positive transformation in society.
Student Life Offices and Departments
Each Student Life area not only contributes, but champions the value of strengthening the OSU environment as a community where students can experience and pursue success. Whether through the innovative services of Disability Access Services, relevant guidance provided by Career Services, transition support provided by New Student Programs and Family Outreach, the process by which Student Conduct encourages students to think about appropriate behaviors on campus, all of the services offered by ASOSU, and all of our Healthy Campus Initiatives, we all champion the idea that our campus community should be an environment conducive to student success in a holistic manner.
- Career Services helps students learn about their individual interests, goals, and strengths through counseling, experiential opportunities, and employment.
- Childcare and Family Resources supports parents at OSU by advocating on numerous OSU committees, responding to concerns, and providing access to resources for all things family in the OSU and Corvallis community. Childcare and Family Resources oversees the operation of two full day on-campus child care centers: Beaver Beginnings and Growing Oaks and directly manages the student child care center in The Valley Library, Our Little Village-Library.
- Disability Access Services (DAS) facilitates access to University programs and services through accommodations, education, consultation, and advocacy.
- Healthy Campus Initiative is a collaborative approach to prevention initiatives and response efforts at Oregon State University. The coalition provides for strategic planning, policy review and development, ongoing training and development, assessment of situations and outcomes, and comprehensive, interconnected leadership for the campus community.
- New Student Programs and Family Outreach strives to serve as a campus leader in supporting the transition process for new and prospective students, as well as their family members, through educational programs and outreach.
- Student Conduct and Community Standards programs and services are designed to meet the educational and developmental needs of students in relation to community standards, civility, accountability, diversity, respect and truth.
Student Life Offices and Departments are located in Kerr Administration Building.
Associated Students of Oregon State University (ASOSU)
The mission of the Associated Students of Oregon State University (ASOSU) is to promote self-government and leadership within the student body of Oregon State University, thereby enhancing the educational, social and cultural experience of the students. ASOSU is every student at Oregon State University. It exists as an organization to promote academic excellence, encourage the intellectual, social, cultural, and physical development of the student body, and enable the student body to assert its varied interests as citizens and members of the academic community through democratic representation.
- ASOSU Office of Advocacy provides advice and assistance to OSU students when they have a dispute with the University or its administrative units. "We aspire to utilize effective decision-making and problem-solving skills to empower students to meet life's challenges, to promote students' capacity to take responsibility for their own well being while being respectful of others and to further the success and growth of each individual and the community at large."
- ASOSU Student Advocate serves as the university's professional faculty support and contact to the Associated Students of Oregon State University (ASOSU), the officially recognized student government at Oregon State University. The ASOSU Student Advocate provides direct mentoring, professional development and strategic advice to the ASOSU Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches.
- The Human Services Resource Center (HSRC) is a student-initiated, student-sustained program that provides programs, education, and referral services to students on Oregon State University campus affected by hunger or poverty.