Before You Start...
To submit an event to a department or group calendar you must have a valid ONID account.
If you do not know your ONID information, or are a contracted employee who does not use ONID, please see the following:
ONID Website (for OSU employees)
DINO Primer (for contracted employees - must be requested by an appropriate OSU liaison)
Additionally, calendars can exist in a couple of different "states" - public or private. If a calendar is private, you must be a registered user of the calendar to submit events.
To submit an event to a public department or group calendar, do the following:
- Go to the desired calendar http://calendar.oregonstate.edu/calendar-name (replace "calendar name" with the short name of your group's calendar. Ex: http://calendar.oregonstate.edu/cws)
- If you are not already logged into ONID, do so by clicking on the Login link in the upper right corner.
- Once logged in, click the submit new event to this calendar link
- If the calendar is set to display in Basic view, this link will be in the left sidebar under the Tools category.
- If the calendar is set to display in Advanced view, this link will be in the upper left corner beneath the calendar's title.
- Enter, at a minimum, the following information:
- Start Date
- Start Time, if event is not an all day event
- End Date
- End Time, if event is not an all day event
- Calendar drop-down box
- By default, the calendar that you are currently on will display in this box.
- Additional Calendar(s) select list
- To add this event to additional calendars, make selections here - please avoid spamming calendars that are unrelated to your particular event.
- Click the Continue button
- You will be redirected to an Event Details Preview page - please double-check your information here. If your information is correct, click the Submit button. If a correction needs to be made, click the Edit button and repeat steps 4-5 until all information is correct.
- If you are an administrator on this calendar, your event will be immediately published. Otherwise, your event submission will go to the calendar's Approval Queue and is subject to approval by an administrator of the calendar.