Before You Start...
You will want to ensure that your file is properly prepared.
To link a file to text in your Drupal content, do the following:
- Open the node up in edit mode by clicking on the Edit tab.
- Select the item you wish to link the file to by either highlighting it (text) or clicking on it (image).
- Click the Insert/Edit Link tool button.
- Directly to the right of the Link URL field is a Browse icon that will connect with the file browser. Click this icon.
- The file browser will open up. If the desired file has not already been uploaded into the <root> directory structure, you will need to upload it. If you do not know how to upload a file, please review the provided "See Also" FAQ.
- Locate your desired file, select it, and then click the Send to TinyMCE link at the top of the window.
- The file browser will then close and you will be taken back to the Insert/Edit Link dialog box. The File URL field will be automatically filled. Do not change any of the text in this field.
- If you would like for the file to open up in another tab, choose Open in New Window(_blank) from the Target field.
- If you would like to add hovertext to the hyperlink, enter your text into the Title field.
- Click the Insert button. The dialog box will close and your hyperlink will display in the editor.
- Please note that you will not be able to test your link in the editor. To test your link, click the Preview button at the bottom of the page and test your link from the Preview screen that appears at the top of your page.