If the student has...
- Excessive class absences
- Begun doing worse in class
- Poor emotional control
- Excessive moodiness or worrying
- Sleeping and/or eating habits that change dramatically
- Persistent depression
- Talked openly about suicide
- Engaged in consistent risky behavior
When you or other staff or faculty are...
- Skipping meetings or missing obligations to be with this person
- Thinking and worrying a lot about this person
- Not sure what you should do
- Is this student's behavior distressingly out of the ordinary?
- Is this beyond my skill level?
- Is the behavior getting worse?
- Does the behavior place anyone at risk?
- Am I feeling like I want to talk with someone about my observations and concerns?
If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, we encourage you to seek assistance and/or consult with a colleague. Click here for information on how to contact CAPS.