Faculty & Staff

OSU Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is available to consult with faculty, staff, and administrators about OSU students.

CAPS provides emergency consultations for students with urgent mental health concerns. Please call 541-737-2131 if you have an immediate need to meet or speak with a counselor. Counselors do not make "house calls" but will assist you in getting appropriate care for a distressed student.

We encourage you to call CAPS; tell the receptionist you're a faculty or staff member and what you need. Someone can either take your call immediately or get back to you within a couple of hours.

If you feel you need IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE because you, the student, or someone else is in danger, please call Public Safety/OSP at 737-7000.

Signs That You Should Refer a Student for Help

Other Related Services on Campus

Tips on Recognizing and Assisting Students in Emotional Distress

Working with International Students or Scholars with Mental Health Issues