Consultation and Referral: To Whom and How?
- Listen to the student and approach with logic (e.g., “It seems as though you need someone who is more experienced than I am to help you out.”)
- A CAPS counselor is available for urgent concerns, consultation, and referral. The on-call counselor can consult with you about the student and/or possibly see the student that day. We encourage you to call CAPS and tell the receptionist you are a faculty or staff member and what you need.
- Other resources may also be helpful and can also consult with you if you are concerned about a student:
- Student Health Services (541-737-9355)
- Dean of Students Office (541-737-2382)