Consultation and Referral: To Whom and How?

  • Listen to the student and approach with logic (e.g., “It seems as though you need someone who is more experienced than I am to help you out.”)
  • A CAPS counselor is available for urgent concerns, consultation, and referral.  The on-call counselor can consult with you about the student and/or possibly see the student that day.  We encourage you to call CAPS and tell the receptionist you are a faculty or staff member and what you need.
  • Other resources may also be helpful and can also consult with you if you are concerned about a student: 
    • Student Health Services (541-737-9355)
    • Dean of Students Office (541-737-2382)