College life offers many challenges besides picking a major; deciding whether to use alcohol and other drugs is one of them.
Students indicate they use alcohol and other drugs for the following reasons:
- Academic Stress
- To be Social
- Simply to Have Fun
- Regulate Uneasy feelings
- Social Anxiety
- Escape Problems They are Having
- Self medicating
Most people confine their use to specific places, times, and events and experience few, if any, negative consequences. However, for some, alcohol and other drugs can lead to:
- Social problems, acting the fool and /or loosing friends due to your use
- Depression, anxiety and paranoia
- Physical, withdrawal, hangovers, injuries
- Legal, MIP, DUII, Issues with the University
- Academic difficulty, declining attendance, declining grades, academic warning or suspension.
- Unwanted sexual activity or sexual assault.
Use any of the links below to find more information on this topic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Resources at OSU
How to Make an Appointment at CAPS