- About CAPS
- Our Services
- CAPS Directory
- Faculty & Staff
- Parents & Family
- Contact Us
Submitted by ranslamd on Thu, 04/07/2011 - 2:52pm
Changing the conversation about mental health
The Active Minds Oregon State Chapter is one of many student-run chapters of the national organization. By planning campus-wide events that promote awareness and education, our group aims to remove the stigma that surrounds mental illness and create a comfortable environment for open discussion of metal health issues.
Active Minds is the nation's only peer-to-peer organization dedicated to raising awareness about mental health among college students. The organization serves as the young adult voice in mental health advocacy on over one hundred college campuses nationwide.
Join us every other Monday at 6 pm in Snell Hall room 301 for our meetings.
For more information or to speak with an an officer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of joining Active Minds:
- Be more involved with the campus community
- Get to know people who have similar interests
- Resume builder
- Help with a noble organization whose goal is to better the lives of others
- Network throughout the university
- Make a positive difference in the mental health community at OSU
- Become educated about mental health issues
- Develop transferable skills
- Gain connections in important places
- Freedom and support to launch an idea or project
- Have an impact on people's thoughts and reactions
- Represent a national non-profit