- Majors & Minors
- Writing I & II
- MA in English
- MFA Program
- Critical Questions
- Visiting Writers
Why major or minor in English?
Why English? A major or minor with a lifetime of value!
The School of Writing, Literature, and Film in Moreland Hall has been home to the English major since the mid-1960s. We offer a very well-established yet forward-looking program with a fine tradition of supporting majors in their aspirations to challenging careers, professions, and personal interests.
Majoring in English at OSU:
- connects you with amazing people, faculty and students, who want to help you shape your future
- sharpens critical thinking and analytical skills that employers consistently value
- challenges you through encounters with creative minds and amazing texts, past and present, across cultural traditions
- gives you a sense of belonging to a community of readers and writers within a large public university
- provides on-the ground training through internships and affiliated degrees in teaching, professional/technical and creative writing, digital media, film studies, and medical humanities