- Majors & Minors
- Writing I & II
- MA in English
- MFA Program
- Critical Questions
- Visiting Writers
Welcome to the School of Writing, Literature, and Film
Our School is the product of a forward-looking vision and mission. In scholarship/creativity, teaching and learning, outreach and public engagement, we recognize the importance of deep reading, textual analysis, creative expression, applied and persuasive writing, and research skills. We prepare students in textual disciplines for challenging careers and professions in a globally interconnected, information-rich, and humanly complex world.
On the OSU Corvallis campus, we offer a major and minor in English, a minor in writing, a minor in film, the MA in English (with concentrations in literature and culture or rhetoric, writing, and culture) and a high-residency, yearlong, fully funded MFA in Creative Writing (fiction, poetry, non-fiction). A low-residency MFA Program in creative writing is offered through the OSU Cascades Campus in Bend.
Look for these highlights on our website:
- Our MFA Creative Writing portal, designed with input from MFA students.
- Redesigned MA Program in English with areas of emphasis in literature and culture and rhetoric/writing and culture, preparing students for twenty-first century careers.
- High-impact learning for undergraduates, such as study abroad programs, teaching opportunities, and internships.
- A film studies and screenwriting portal, with term-by-term course listings and film viewing events.
Published: Jan 10th, 2014
Published: Jul 23rd, 2013
Published: Jul 1st, 2013
Published: Jun 21st, 2013
Published: Apr 15th, 2013
A free, day-long conference and celebration of composition, rhetoric, and the work of Lisa Ede. Keynote speakers will include Andrea A. Lunsford and Cheryl Glenn.
View the Entire Calendar
Music @ 6:30 pm
Main event @ 7:00 pm
- Author readings of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry
- Autographed books
- Live music