PhD Admission Requirements:
- A four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and a 45-quarter (equivalent) credit hour graduate degree from an accredited university.
- A cummulative GPA of 3.50 or higher for the MS/MA Degree.
- Completion and submission of Graduate Record Examination Scores [quantitative, verbal and analytical components]. Only applicants with combined quantitative and verbal scores of 1,200 for the old test (taken prior to August 1, 2011) or 310 for the new test (taken on or after August 1, 2011) will be considered for admission. The school code for submitting GRE scores is: 4586.
- Course transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Three letters of recommendation and recent resume. Reference letters and resumes also may be submtted by mail or email attachment to the Director, Public Policy Graduate Program, 300E Gilkey Hall, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331-6206; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Statement of purpose concerning why the applicant would like to pursue the PhD in Public Policy at Oregon State University. The statement should include your reasons for applying to the program, academic and professional background information, policy interests, and any personal experiences or history that are related to your interests in public policy.
- Identification of at least three possible mentors from the PhD Public Policy Faculty.
Satisfaction of minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission, since the number of qualified applicants may far exceed the number of places available. As a consequence, many well-qualified applicants may not be accommodated.
OSU ADMISSIONS ON-LINE APPLICATION: http://oregonstate.edu/admissions/graduate-students
International Student Requirements:
General graduate admission standards for international students are available at: Graduate School Admissions Information; for specific country requirements also see: http://oregonstate.edu/admissions/international/requirements.html#country_requirements
All international applicants must meet minimum requirements as detailed above.
For calculation of U.S. equivalent grades, see: http://www.wes.org/gradeconversionguide/index.asp
Please note that the Public Policy Graduate Program does not consider Conditional Admission for international students who do not meet the minimum OSU TOEFL scores or that is below a combined 90.
Application forms required for admission are available on the Graduate School website: http://oregonstate.edu/admissions/graduate.html.
The application deadline has been extended to February 15. All applications for the PhD in Public Policy at Oregon State University must be complete by February 15 for full consideration of admission and scholarships/financial support (for Fall Quarter admission only).