*requirements for students graduating in 2007-2008 or later
A minimum of 27 credits of sociology coursework, to include the following:
- SOC 204 - Introduction to Sociology - 3 credits (prerequisite to all upper division courses)
One of the following: - 4 credits
- SOC 340 - Deviant Behavior
- SOC 418 - Qualitative Sociology
- SOC 421 - Social Change and Modernization
- SOC 422 - Sociology of Organization
- SOC 424 - Social Psychology
- SOC 426 - Social Inequality
Additional sociology elective credits to bring total credits to at least 27.
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 must be earned in sociology coursework.
- A maximum of 12 credits of lower division sociology can be transferred and accepted toward a minor in sociology.
- Only 4 credits earned is SOC 406 (projects) and/or 410 (internship) may be applied toward the 27 credit minimum for a minor in sociology.