- Ph.D. - Sociology, University of Oregon 1992
- M.S. - Sociology, University of Oregon 1988
- B.S. - English/Education, University of Minnesota 1976
- Lach, Denise. 2009. Moving Science and Immovable Values Regarding Old Growth Forests: Clumsy Solutions for Wicked Problems. Pages 233-243 in Spies and Duncan, Eds. Old Growth in a New World: A Pacific Northwest Icon Re-examined. Washington, DC: Island Press.
- Larson, Kelli and Denise Lach. 2008. Participants and non-participants of Place-Based Groups: An Assessment of Attitudes and Implications for Public Participation in Water Resource Management. Journal of Environmental Management 88: 817-830. Also available on line at 10.1016/j.jenvman.2007.04.008.
- Lackey, Robert, Denise Lach, and Sally Duncan, eds. 2006. Salmon 2100: The Future of Wild Pacific Salmon. Bethesda, MD: American Fisheries Society.
- Steel, Brent, Denise Lach, and Vijay Satyal. 2006. “Ideology and Scientific Credibility: Environmental Policy in the Pacific Northwest.” Public Understanding of Science 14: 1-15.
- Lach, Denise, Helen Ingram, and Steve Rayner. 2006. “You Never Miss the Water ‘Till the Well Runs Dry: Crisis and Creativity in California.” Chapter 10 in Verweij, Marco and Michael Thompson (eds), Clumsy Solutions for a Complex World. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Duncan, Sally and Denise Lach. 2006. Privileged Knowledge and Social Change: Effects on Different Participants of Using Geographic Information Systems Technology in Natural Resource management. Environmental Management 38(2): 267-285.
- National Science Foundation: “Changing Expectations for Science and Scientists in Natural Resource Decision Making”
- US Department of Energy: “Using a Consensus Conference to Characterize Regulatory Concerns”
- USGS and Institute for Water and Watersheds (IWW): “Building Capacity to Manage Conflict and Change through Oregon’s Water Governance Structures”
Honors and Awards:
- 2004 James and Mildred Oldfield/E.R. Jackman Team Award (for Water Allocation in the Klamath Reclamation Project, 2001)
- 2008 OSU College of Liberal Arts, Robert J. Frank Research, Scholarship, and Creativity Award
- 2012 OSU President's Excellence Award (Beaver Champion)
Full Vita (PDF)