Personalized advising is provided for current on-campus and E-campus Sociology majors and minors and for individuals interested in pursuing a degree in Sociology.
- Write down any questions you would like to ask when you have your appointment.
- Review your schedule of classes. Write down classes you are interested in taking.
- Think about your goals - graduating by a certain time, studying abroad, internships, etc.
- Make a list of your other commitments - work, family responsibilities, athletic practice, Greek life, military training, student organizations, band practice, etc. This will help keep a balance between your academic plans and your other commitments each term.
- More advising tips available from First Year Experience. Click here to link to First Year Experience Advising.
To schedule an appointment:
- Email Katie.Whitehead@oregonstate.edu
- Phone 541-737-5733
- In person at 306 Fairbanks Hall
Please be sure to include your name, OSU ID number, and a few days and times when you are available to meet/speak. If you are an E-campus student please mention that and also include a phone number where I can reach you for our appointment. E-campus students will need to be able to access a computer and the internet during our appointment. If this is not possible please let me know.
I look forward to working with you and helping you reach your educational goals,