The History Students Association
The History Students Association, under the leadership of Ashley Eckert, Jennie Geasey, Carly Clark, Mike Jager, and Samantha Van Allen will continue to be active in 2013-2014 across the school, hosting a career fair and the undergraduate research conference in the Spring. We also have plans for collaborative projects, fundraising, and trips.
HSA is going to San Francisco for Spring Break!! Show up to some meetings if you want to be involved! Mike also has his History Mobile available for mini road trips throughout the year.
Ashley's co-op has given us permission to use their basement lounge area (with a big tv) for movie nights this year, so bring movie ideas to the next meeting. We are also doing movie nights at the international hall this year.
We're working with Camp Adair to host a Swing Dance event this February. Period clothes (WWII) are encouraged! We will also be doing a simulated radio broadcast from the era.
We are now accepting payments/orders for HSA shirts.
What you will do in the club this year:
- Make new friends
- Watch movies
- Plan and attend fundraising events
- Play trivia games
- Plan the History Career Fair
- Plan the Undergraduate History Conference
- ROAD TRIPS!
Benefits of Membership:
- Meet people in your major
- Study and share notes
- Learn about career options in history, grad school and internships
- Active membership in a club looks good on a resume!
- Learn about future classes and your history professors
- Peer tutoring and course evaluation
- End of term paper share and peer review
- List serve e-mail membership
- Stay in touch using our Facebook group
- Historical film viewings
- Road trips to historical sites and exhibits
- Program meetings with guest speakers
- Fundraising and recruitment activities
- Group tours of Valley Library Special Collections
Club meetings are held Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m. in Milam 301.
(Don't forget: No meetings the first week of the term and
the final meeting (during dead week) is at McMenamins on Monroe!)
Join our Facebook group for meeting updates and event information!
Take a look at the ibooks Mike and his people made, and come to meetings to get involved in the creation of more.