Resources for School of Psychological Science Students
- Academic Calendar
- Changing course schedule (Withdrawing)
- Final Exam schedules are posted here.
- Undergraduate Information, including requirements for your degree, is found in Students section.
- Grading options Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U)
- OSU Change of Grading Basis Form (S/U)- Must be signed by Psy Science Advisor and turned in to Registrar in Kerr Administration Building BEFORE 5 pm Friday, week #7.
Other helpful Links
- Information about letters of recommendation
- Applying for Graduation: when & how
- How do I get involved in Psychology?
- What can I do with a degree in Psychology?
OSU Services & Resources
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Calendar
- Career Services
- Center for Writing and Learning @ OSU
- Center for the Humanities
- Computing Facilities
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Disability Access Services
- Educational Opportunities Program
- Equity and Inclusion
- Extended Campus
- Financial Aid Information
- Honors College
- Information Services
- Intercultural Student Services
- Student Conduct Program
- Student Health Services
- Teaching Station Manual
- Women's Center
- Writing Intensive Curriculum
Other Online References
- Merriam-Webster Online
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Roget's Thesaurus
- Psychology Degree Online Information
Writing a Paper? Style, Grammar and Paper Writing Resources
good well is a difficult thing to do. You must first understand the topic or research about which you are reporting, and then you must find a way to convey that information in a clear way, with some original ideas about the issue at hand. Often times, sloppy writing masks the fact that the writer understands what she is talking about, so it pays to devote time to the mechanics of a solid research paper.
The following links may be helpful to you when writing:
- Psychology With Style: A Hypertext Writing Guide was written by Dr. Plonsky at University of Wisconsin (Stevens Point). It includes quick guidelines for writing in APA style, as well as sample formatting for each section of an APA style paper.
- Read recent empirical research concerning writing and cognition.
- To access PsycInfo, the database of psychology research articles, click on this link (if connecting from off campus, you will need your student ID and PIN) and then on the PsycInfo library link.
- The Valley Library's catalogue is available online. Access to databases and e-journals is available too. For help with research in psychology, including a fairly comprehensive guide to finding sources, visit their Psychology Research Guide.
- APA Style
- A Writer's Reference by Diana Hacker
- Purdue Online Writing Lab