MAIS Admission Requirements
A student wishing to include Psychology as one (or two) of his or her three MAIS specialty areas will need to apply through the Graduate School. In addition to the University's required materials, the Psychology Department requires the following:
- GRE scores for the Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytic segments of the examination.
- Overall GPA.
- A list of Psychology courses taken and the grades achieved in each.
- Transcripts of all previous university work.
- Names of two references who can be contacted by the department.
- A one or two page statement of the purpose for including Psychology in his/her graduate program.
Undergraduate course requirements for Psychology as a first field (21 hours):
- Introductory Psychology (5-6)
- Upper-division Psychology Courses* (minimum 9 hours)
- Research Methods (minimum 3 hours)
- Statistics (minimum 3 hours)
Psychology as a second or third field (9 hours minimum, 12 in CLA):
- Introductory Psychology (5-6 hours)
- Upper-division Psychology Courses*
Students who do not fulfill the above requirements may be admitted on a provisional basis only until they fulfill the requirements or until the requirements are waived following a review of their graduate performance in Psychology.
*NOTE: Many graduate Psychology courses have one or more prerequisites. MAIS students should complete the prerequisites or receive instructor consent to waive the prerequisites prior to enrollment in the courses. Prerequisite requirements should be considered in the design of the graduate program.