Jan. 25 Psychology Announcements
Monday, January 25, 2010 Welcome to Week 4!!
We hope your first week of Winter Term went well!!The Psychology Department main office is here to assist you with your academic needs such as registering for courses, scheduling advising appointments, etc. Our office hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Please feel free to drop by anytime.
Juniors and Seniors, if you would like to schedule an advising appointment with either Dr. Crowley or Dr. Dilts please drop by or call the Psychology Department main office at 541-737-2311 to schedule an appointment. Freshmen and Sophomores will see Peer Advisors to be sure they are on track and have a current green sheet. If you would like to request a peer advising appointment, please do so via the main office.
Happenings in Psychology:
- The Psychology Society will be meeting on Monday, January 25th (THAT’S TODAY) at 5 pm in Moreland 206. Everyone is welcome to attend. Come meet other Psychology Majors!
- The Dept. of Psychology will be offering make-up examination proctoring Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Winter Term. If you need a proctored exam, please make arrangements with your Professor/Instructor, then schedule the exam in the main office by emailing Psychology@oregonstate.edu or calling 541-737-2311
- Attention Psi Chi Seniors! The time is now to order your Psi Chi Honor Cords for June 2010 Graduation! You can find the order forms and further details in the Psychology Main Office or contact Psi Chi Treasurer, Alison Gemperle at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Important Dates for Winter Term:
To change to or from S/U Grading:
The deadline to change to or from S/U Grading is Friday, February 19, 2010
The last day to WITHDRAW from a course is Friday, February 19, 2010
March 8-12, 2010
Finals Week: March 15-19, 2010
Upcoming Campus Events:
- Non-Profit and Volunteer Expo. - January 28th (2-5 pm in the MU Ballroom) will provide volunteer opportunities, non-profit internships, and non-profit career opportunities for students and other community members. Over 50 non-profit businesses and volunteer organizations will be in attendance. There will also be workshops and a keynote speaker that will address this year’s theme of “how can service serve you?” There should be opportunities pertinent to all disciplines, interests, and skills. -- CONTACT INFORMATION: Jen Busick email@example.com or Rachel Erickson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selah Meyer, Sarah Paeth and OSU students living in Azalea House Co-Op are doing a shoe drive for the victims of the earthquake in Haiti. Donations of lightly-used tennis shoes, running shoes, hiking boots, or sandals are being sought. The goal is 300 pairs of shoes, so every pair counts. The drive continues through Jan. 30. Drop shoes off at 1050 S.W. Madison Dr. (Azalea House)
Leadership in Social Change Awards Meetings:
- · Scholarship for Undergraduate Students Due Friday, March 5, 2010 -- The Oregon State Retirement Association (OSURA) is requesting applicants for the 2010-2011 Academic Scholarship. OSURA provides scholarship support to undergraduate students at Oregon State University who are majoring in a subject that contributes to a career that promotes healthy aging. Currently enrolled OSU undergraduate students who have completed at least one academic year and who have at least one year of study yet to be completed are eligible to apply. Scholarship awards average between $500 to $1000 per person and will be awarded at the OSURA Annual Meeting in May 2010. Funds will be distributed into student accounts for the 2010-2011 academic year. Questions? Call 541-737-4717 or send an e-mail: OSURA@oregonstate.edu http://oregonstate.edu/osura/osura-scholarship
How to Apply:
Please mail all the materials mentioned below in one envelope to the address at the bottom. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for the scholarship.
Include a copy of your resume. Please also provide us with your permanent address, phone number and e-mail address.
Write a 500 word essay describing how you plan to promote healthy aging in your chosen career. Feel free to include details of any activities you have already done in this regard.
Attach two letters of reference from people who are familiar with your academic work, activities or any applicable jobs, but are not family members. Please submit references in sealed envelopes with the individuals signature crossing the fold and the body of the envelope.
Attach an unofficial grade transcript of all your completed university work.
All of the above material must be submitted by Friday, March 5, 2010 to:
OSURA Scholarship Committee Chair
205 Adams Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331·
UCLA Psychology Undergraduate Research Conference – May 14, 2010
On Feb. 3-4, the OSU Women’s Center and Justice and Leadership in Community (JLC) student leaders will co-sponsor a conference on identity diversity and how we can bring those identities together to advocate for social change. For more information see http://oregonstate.edu/womenscenter/intersecting-identities
Here are some dates for future terms:
- Phase 1: Begins Sunday, February 21, 2010
- Phase 2: Begins Wednesday, March 10, 2010
- Online Registration: Begins Sunday, April 11, 2010
- Phase 1: Begins Sunday, May 16, 2010
- Phase 2: Begins Thursday, June 3, 2010
Have a great week!!!
Department of Psychology
204C Moreland Hall
Oregon State University
Corvallis OR 97331
ph 541 737 1360