Feb. 1 Psychology Announcements
Monday, February 01, 2010 Welcome to Week 5!
Juniors and Seniors, if you would like to schedule an advising appointment with either Dr. Crowley or Dr. Dilts please drop by or call the Psychology Department main office at 541-737-2311 to schedule an appointment. Freshmen and Sophomores will see Peer Advisors to be sure they are on track and have a current green sheet. If you would like to request a peer advising appointment, please do so via the main office.
Happenings in Psychology:
- The Psychology Society will be meeting on Monday, February 1st (THAT’S TODAY) at 5 pm in Moreland 206. Everyone is welcome to attend. Come meet other Psychology Majors!
- The Psychology Department will be making an important announcement this week. Please watch your emails for this important announcement.
- Psi Chi will be meeting on Wednesday, February 3rd at 9am in Moreland 206. Light breakfast food will be there, as well as your awesome fellow Psi Chi members.
- Care about mental health awareness? Want to help remove the stigma that surrounds mental health? Join Active Minds this Wednesday at 6:00 pm in the conference room of the 5th floor of Snell Hall for our bi-weekly meeting! Come find out more about who we are and enjoy some snacks. All are welcome!
- Please note, Spring Term priority registration is in a few weeks. You should check your registration status online to see when you can register for Spring term classes.
- he Dept. of Psychology will be offering make-up examination proctoring Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Winter Term. If you need a proctored exam, please make arrangements with your Professor/Instructor, then schedule the exam in the main office by emailing Psychology@oregonstate.edu or calling 541-737-2311
Important Dates for Winter Term:
To change to or from S/U Grading:
The deadline to change to or from S/U Grading is Friday, February 19, 2010
The last day to WITHDRAW from a course is Friday, February 19, 2010
March 8-12, 2010
March 15-19, 2010
Upcoming Campus Events:
Scholarship for Undergraduate Students Due Friday, March 5, 2010 -- The Oregon State Retirement Association (OSURA) is requesting applicants for the 2010-2011 Academic Scholarship. OSURA provides scholarship support to undergraduate students at Oregon State University who are majoring in a subject that contributes to a career that promotes healthy aging. Currently enrolled OSU undergraduate students who have completed at least one academic year and who have at least one year of study yet to be completed are eligible to apply. Scholarship awards average between $500 to $1000 per person and will be awarded at the OSURA Annual Meeting in May 2010. Funds will be distributed into student accounts for the 2010-2011 academic year. Questions? Call 541-737-4717 or send an e-mail: OSURA@oregonstate.edu http://oregonstate.edu/osura/osura-scholarshipo
- How to Apply: Please mail all the materials mentioned below in one envelope to the address at the bottom. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Resume: Include a copy of your resume. Please also provide us with your permanent address, phone number and e-mail address.
- Essay: Write a 500 word essay describing how you plan to promote healthy aging in your chosen career. Feel free to include details of any activities you have already done in this regard.
- Reference Letters: Attach two letters of reference from people who are familiar with your academic work, activities or any applicable jobs, but are not family members. Please submit references in sealed envelopes with the individuals signature crossing the fold and the body of the envelope.
- Transcript: Attach an unofficial grade transcript of all your completed university work.
- Submit Materials
All of the above material must be submitted by Friday, March 5, 2010 to:
OSURA Scholarship Committee Chair
205 Adams Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331
UCLA Psychology Undergraduate Research Conference – May 14, 2010
On Feb. 3-4, the OSU Women’s Center and Justice and Leadership in Community (JLC) student leaders will co-sponsor a conference on identity diversity and how we can bring those identities together to advocate for social change. For more information see http://oregonstate.edu/womenscenter/intersecting-identities
Move it Monday with Beaver Strides. Join other students, faculty and staff for group walks around campus and the surrounding neighborhoods during the lunch hour. They meet at noon at Student Health Services (Plageman Building) near the east entrance and walk for approximately 45 minutes. Participate as part of the Power Up Challenge!
OSU Women’s Network and Career Services presents: Three part 2010 Career Workshop Series. Feb 3 (Job searching) March 4 (Writing your application materials) and April 1 (Ins and Outs of Interviewing). This event is free and open to all. The series takes place in the Willamette Industries Seminar rooms, 3rd floor-Valley Library, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for each session. RSVPs appreciated. To RSVP or for more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some dates for future terms:
- Phase 1: Begins Sunday, February 21, 2010o Phase 2: Begins Wednesday, March 10, 2010
- Online Registration: Begins Sunday, April 11, 2010
- Phase 1: Begins Sunday, May 16, 2010o
- Phase 2: Begins Thursday, June 3, 2010
Have a great week!!!
Department of Psychology
204C Moreland Hall
Oregon State University
Corvallis OR 97331
ph 541 737 1360