Net Interest and Medicaid
For some of the charts, users of Firefox and other non-Internet Explorer web browsers might have to use the “open link target in IE” option or equivalent. I will work to correct this difficulty in the next revision.
(Both are federal fund budget items, paid from general revenues, not trust funds); in recent years net interest is the fourth or fifth largest category of national government spending, alternating with Medicaid
- Outlays for Net Interest and Medicaid, 1940 to estimated 2008, in Billions of Current and Constant (2002) dollars
- Interest on the National Debt: Yearly inflation-adjusted Change and as Percent of Outlays, 1940 to estimated 2004
- Medicaid: Yearly inflation-adjusted Change and as Percent of Outlays, 1960 to estimated 2004
- Inflation-adjusted Change in Interest and Medicaid Outlays by Presidential Term, 1940 to estimated 2004
- Summary pdf file with all charts in this net interest and Medicaid section