OSU Cascades Campus
Bend, Oregon 97701
Fax: (541) 383-7501
Email: James Foster
- Before coming to Bend, he was Chair of the Department of Political Science for twelve years (1990-2002) on the Corvallis campus.
- He regularly teaches courses on constitutional law, administrative law, gender and law, and American political thought.
- He has published articles on legal education, book chapters on affirmative action and equality debates, as well as on the Oregon Judicial Branch.
- He is co-editor of the book Governing Through Courts and co-author of the two-volume Constitutional Law: Cases in Context. Foster has taught twice in London and in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- He was Book Review Editor of Legal Studies Forum for ten years, and has served as President of the Pacific Coast Association of Pre-law Studies and the Pacific Northwest Political Science Association.