Publications for Dr. David McMurray
Publications (I'm only listing publications since the year 2000, not including book reviews, conference proceedings, etc.)
- 2009 "Rhythms of Resistance: Histories of Musical Opposition and Affirmation from Around the World." Mason, Ohio: Cengage Learning.
- 2007 “Teaching about Globalization and Food in Ecuador.” (Co-authored with Joan Gross) in Food, Culture and Society. 10 (3) Fall, 2007: 472-489.
- 2005 "Censorship, Surveillance, and Middle East Studies in the Contemporary United States," in Anne menely and Donna J. Young (eds.) Auto-Ethnographies: The Anthropology of Academic Practices. Broadview press.
- 2003 "Recognition of State Authority as the Cost of Involvement in Moroccan Border Crime," in Stephanie Kane & Phil Parnell (eds.) Crimes Power: Anthropologists and the Ethnography of Crime. New York: Palgrave.
- 2003 "Visions of the Homeland in Puerto Rican and Franco-Maghrebi Diasporic Music." (Co-authored with Joan Gross) In Alec Hargreaves (ed.) Minorités ethniques anglophones et francophones: etudes culturelles comparatives. Paris: LHarmattan.
- 2003 "Diary of the Life of a Mac Teacher." In Mouse Droppings. Vol. XIX, no. 1. 17-18.
- 2002 "Music of the Maghreb and the Franco-Maghrebis." Northwest Ethnic Voices. Vol. 12. Sept-Oct.: 10-15.
- 2002 Arab Noise and Ramadan Nights: Rai, Rap and Franco-Maghrebi Identity. (Co-authored with Joan Gross and Ted Swedenburg) reprinted in The Anthropology of Globalization: A Reader. Jonathan Xavier and Renato Rosaldo (eds.). Oxford: Blackwell Publishers.
- 2001 In and Out of Morocco: Migration and Smuggling in a Frontier Boomtown. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press. (Reviewed by P. Silverstein in H-NET BOOK REVIEW Published by H-Gender-MidEast (http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/reviews/showrev.cgi?path=77561053110841) 3 Apr 2003; D. Haller in American Ethnologist v. 29 (4) 2002: 1009-1010; and by John Erickson in LEsprit Créateur v. XLII (1) 2002: 143.
- 1999 "Recent Trends in Middle Eastern Migration." Middle East Reports. Summer: 16-19.
Careful, the question of copyrights on internet is still very fuzzy; the self-archiving of documents seems licit; but be careful to always refer to the printed version since many differences may exist between the internet and the printed versions.