Oregon State University currently has 15 lactation rooms, most with electronic keypads**, on campus. They are located in:
Kerr Admin Rooms B078a and B218a Covell, Room 127
Hawley Hall (UHDS entrance) Crop Science Building, Room 427 (Key Required - get from their Office on 1st floor) International Living and Learning Center 456a (Bathroom Annex) Kelley Engineering, Room 3032 Linus Pauling 1st Floor (Womens Shower area)
Magruder 101B Memorial Union, Room 008 Milne Hall, Basement Women's Restroom Annex Nash Hall, 1st floor Women's Restroom Annex (rm 106) Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences Building room 101a Radiation Center, B126a (Secured facility) The Valley Library, 1st floor- room 1563 Waldo, Room 449
Hallie Ford Center
There are also some temporary spaces that have been set up by departments on campus to be lactation rooms those can be found at:
University Plaza (Beginning January 2014)
(Please see the parents map if you are unfamiliar with campus)
**To obtain a keypad access code for entry into the lactation rooms, contact Childcare and Family Resources, 541-737-4906.**
Lactation Room Intake Form
To help us better understand our breastfeeding mothers who use the Lactation rooms, we ask that you to fill out a Intake Form and return it to Childcare and Family Resources or email it to us at FamilyResources@oregonstate.edu!
Please help us keep the lactation rooms clean and in working condition by contacting us with any concerns. Thank you!
- Employees: Your PEBB Health Care Benefit covers 85% of the cost of your breastpump as "Durable Medical Equipment". For Providence covered, the pump must be obtained through Providence Home Services by calling 1-800-762-1253.
- Oregon State University's "Expressing Milk in the Workplace" policy: http://oregonstate.edu/dept/budgets/genupol/gupmilk.htm Please contact Jacque Rudolph, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-737-0551 for questions regarding this policy.
- BREASTFEEDING/PUMPING SIGN Print a breastfeeding sign (Please do not disturb) and hang it up when you are using a space for breastfeeding/pumping. If you cannot print one off, please contact Childcare & Family Resources and we will send one to you.
- OSU has been designated a Breastfeeding Mother Friendly Employer. If you have any comments or concerns, please contact Amy Luhn at 541-737-4906.
- Pick up a free copy of "Nursing Mother, Working Mother" from our office.
- State of Oregon Breastfeeding Law, information and support:
- La Leche League of Corvallis Meeting Groups:
All meetings are held at the First Congregational Church, 4515 West Hills Road
For more information, please visit: http://www.llli.org/groups/@llli*group*corvallis
- Breastfeeding Classes through Samaritan Health Services:
Follow the link below to find breastfeeding classes and other classes related to pregnancy and parenting in the Corvallis area. Most of the classes are free and some are available in Spanish.
Breast Pump Rental:
Breast pump rental and other breastfeeding supplies are available from Samaritan Medical Equipment. For more information call: Albany: 541-812-5460. Corvallis: 541-468-7500. Lebanon: 541-451-6364.
Learn how to provide optimum nutrition for your baby, even after returning to work. Albany classes offered October 1st and December 3rd at 7pm for more information call: 541-812-4301. For Corvallis dates, time, and more information call 541-768-6908.
Nursing moms have the opportunity to consult with a lactation nurse during a breastfeeding clinic. You'll get answers to any breastfeeding questions, discuss different techniques and positioning, and help with problem solving. Call for an appointment: Albany- 541-812-5116, Corvallis-541-768-4900, or Lebanon-541-451-7177.
Call for breastfeeding support over the phone. Albany- 541-812-5116, Corvallis-541-765-5244, Lebanon-541-451-7588, or Lincoln City- 541-996-7179.