- Greek Councils
- Chapter Profiles
- Greek Achievement
- Student Resources
- Parent Resources
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Interfraternity Council (IFC)
Sigma Phi Epsilon focuses on the pursuit of the Balanced Man Ideal of Sound Mind and Sound Body. We strive to live by our cardinal principles of Virtue, Diligence, and Brotherly Love, and to teach and instill these values in every member
The mission has been “Building Balanced Leaders for the World’s Communities” since 2001. The previous mission allowed the Fraternity to build a range of local and national programs to allow men to enhance leadership abilities and forge a strong brotherhood. Going forward, we will continue to refine and improve these leader-oriented programs while we focus on the holistic elements of balance that create a man’s best life as leader, brother, husband, father, mentor, community servant, and citizen.
With an estimated quarter million members, SigEps live, serve and work around the globe. They are having significant impact in business, government, community service and academia. Our mission is carried out through chapters and by cultivating the connections alumni have with one another.
- Cardinal principles: Virtue, Diligence, and Brotherly Love
- Founding year: 1901
- Largest fraternity in the nation
- SigEp utilizes the Balanced Man Program (BMP) as opposed to a pledge system. This program is focused on continual, holistic member development that promotes balanced living and combats destructive behavior. New members have equal rights and full membership upon joining.
- The BMP offers an experience focused on scholarship, leadership, professional development and life skills.
- Oregon Alpha is designated as a Residential Learning Community (RLC) for their efforts to work with faculty members to create a unique academic program for their brothers.
- Closest Greek house to the OSU Campus (One block away)
- Newly remodeled living room with one 70” HDTV, gas fireplace, and leather couches
- Two large, quiet study rooms
- Brotherhood room with the second 70” HDTV
- Recently acquired “back lot” adjacent to house with full size basketball court/BBQ area/lawn under development
- Weekday meals prepared by chef, plus stocked kitchen on weekends
- 30 member parking spots plus 6 spots for guests
- 1st in Fraternity GPA on the Oregon State Campus
- Chapter Cumulative GPA for 2012/2013 school year: 3.36
- Up to $30,000 in scholarships given out to undergrads every year
- SigEp dominates ASOSU with 15 brothers serving in some section of ASOSU (9 of 20 house of representatives, 5 of 12 senate, and the President of ASOSU)
- Won 8 consecutive Kerr cups, which are awarded annually to the most outstanding IFC Fraternity at Oregon State University
- SigEp at Oregon State currently holds the most Buchanan cups out of every SigEp chapter in the nation. This award is given out to the top 10% of SigEp fraternities every two years.
- Intramural Cup champions 2012-2013 and 8 of the last 9 years
- All-University Dodgeball and Capture the Flag Champions 2013-2014
- Greek Champions for Basketball 2013-2014
- All-University Softball Champions 2012-2013
- All-University Soccer Runner's Up 2012-2013
- Greek Champions for Flag Football, Indoor Baseball, and Dodgeball 2012-2013
- A house dance every term with Sweethearts in the winter, and Fireman's Ball in the spring
- Scheduled Events include Mom's Weekend, Dad's Weekend, Homecoming, IFC Sing, and several others
- Brotherhood Events range from Road trips and Barbecues to House Retreats and Camping Trips
- Dr. Suess- Children's author
- John Goodman-Actor
- John Lutz- Writer and actor for saturday night live and 30 rock
- Andy Richter- Actor, co-host of Late Night with Conan O'Brien
- Harlod Arthur Poling- Retired Chairman and CEO of Ford Motor Company
- John E. Douglas- Former Chief, FBI
- Vito John Fossella, Jr.- former U.S. Congressman
- James Naismith- Inventor of the sport of basketball
- Ryan Mathews- Current NFL running back, San Diego Chargers
- Victor Ortiz- Professional Boxer, former WBC Welterweight Champion
- Local Philanthropy: Habitat for Humanity
- National Philanthropy: Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- One all-house philanthropy each term. Our largest, SigEp Sweethearts, is held during winter term and raises about $10,000 annually.