- Ways to be Engaged
- DOT (Do One Thing)
- Alternative Break Service Trips
- Community Values Award
- Voter and Election Engagement
- Bloss Hall Civic Engagement Community
- Clinton Global Initiative University
- Day Trippers
- For Students
- For Community Partners
Silver Falls Day Tripper Registration
Submissions for this form are closed.
The Silver Falls Day Tripper event is now full. Thanks for your interest! Please check-in next fall for more Day Tripper opportunities. Thanks.
Please use this form to sign up for the Silver Falls service project with the Sustainable Communities taking place on Sunday May 18th. Sustainable Communities provide youth in Marion County opportunities to be engaged in their community through leadership development and STEM-based service learning with the intensity and discipline to discover and nurture their passions to pursue post-secondary education or training for a prosperous career that includes the commitment to live and work in their community.
Here are the details for this project:
- Check-in: Please arrive promptly at 8:00am in at Snell 149. Please use the Jefferson Street Entrance.
- Time: The group will work from 9:45pm to 4:00pm, and return to campus at around 5:30pm.
- Capacity: This project can accommodate up to 11 volunteers
- Food: The CCE will provide light snacks and lunch provided by Subway. Please bring your own bottle. Participants are welcome to bring additional snacks.
- Transportation: The CCE will be driving volunteers to the project site in vans.
- Description & Duties: The project includes forest diversification, replanting conifers, clearing landslides, and trail work. We will also have time to take a hike with Dan Hoynacki to see the scenic beauty of Silver Falls.
- Youth: Youth can participate, if supervised. 8+ ideally.
- Requirements: Please emphasize close-toed shoes and weather appropriate clothing. Clothes that can get dirty doing environmental work.