- Ways to be Engaged
- DOT (Do One Thing)
- Alternative Break Service Trips
- Community Values Award
- Voter and Election Engagement
- Bloss Hall Civic Engagement Community
- Clinton Global Initiative University
- Day Trippers
- For Students
- For Community Partners
News readership is an important piece of civic engagement and way to stay current and up to date with important local, national, and global news.
Did you know that OSU has a NY Times news readership program? 125 paper copies of the NY Times are available on campus every day!
- Paper copies are available at the Memorial Union, the Valley Library, West Hall, and Weatherford Hall
- Students can access complimentary 24-hour digital passes by logging onto http://nytimes.com/passes.
- There are around 125 digital "seats" available on campus to anyone with an .edu address.
- This will give the subscriber access for 24 hours a day/7 days a week to everything on NYTimes.com, including access to the archives, videos, blogs, and opinion pages.
NYTimes.com Digital Resources
- Times Topics is a comprehensive reference guide on an array of over 25,000 topics. Each topic page aggregates news, archival information and multimedia files published around a topic, both by The Times and other respected sources. *To find Times Topics, scroll down to the bottom of the home page and on the right hand side, you’ll see “Listings and More”. Times Topics is the third one down on that list.
- NY Times Multimedia From interactive maps to timelines and slide shows, our dynamic multimedia bring out vital aspects of stories in new and compelling ways.
- NY Times Archive, which has over 13 million articles going back to 1851, when the newspaper was established.
- The International edition of The Times, as well as a Chinese edition are both located at the top of the page.