- Ways to be Engaged
- DOT (Do One Thing)
- Alternative Break Service Trips
- Community Values Award
- Voter and Election Engagement
- Bloss Hall Civic Engagement Community
- Clinton Global Initiative University
- Day Trippers
- For Students
- For Community Partners
Earth Day is an annual day when events are held worldwide to increase awareness, appreciation, protection, and conservation of the Earth's natural environment. Now Earth Day is coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and is celebrated in more than 175 countries every year. Learn more about the Earth Day Movement.
Carbon Footprint Calculator: Take this quiz and see the impact you are having on the Earth!
Read about the last Earth Day service projects at OSU:
Thank you to all the volunteers that participated in the 2014 Earth Day of Service Projects on Saturday, April 26th!
We had 100 volunteers from the OSU community who completed 6 different service projects for Earth Day of Service Friday, April 25th and Saturday, April 26th. The service projects were an incredible success, and OSU volunteers made a difference by doing all of the following:
- 6 projects at Corvallis Parks and Recreation, Albany Parks and Recreation, Green Belt Land Trust, Produce for the People, OSU College Forests and The Wetlands Conservancy.
- 100 volunteers
- 400.7 hours of service
- Summary from each project:
- Corvallis Parks and Recreation- Invasive species removal at Dunawi Creek Boardwalk natural area, trash and debris clean up, low hanging branch trimming
- Albany Parks and Recreation- Helped with parade preparation, flagging and at the Albany Saturday Market passing out trees
- Green Belt Land Trust- Removed blackberries and piled dead branches into slash pile for burning
- Produce for the People- Trimmed blackberries, laid composted leaves across garden and weeded the garden
- OSU College Forest- Removed Scotch Broom from ~10ft on each side of walking trail for about ¼ mile.
- The Wetlands Conservancy- Removed Scotch Broom, planted 20-30 willow trees and removed debris from the beach (including refrigerator door and tires)
To see more pictures from the day of service visit our Facebook page.
2013 Earth Day Service Project, Saturday 4/20/13:
96 students spent 288 hours spreading gravel, distributing compost, reomving invasive species, cleaning the beach, and pulling weeds with five community organizations!
- SAGE Garden
- The Wetlands Conservancy
- SOLVE/Corvallis Parks and Rec
- OSU College Forests
- Produce for the People