- Ways to be Engaged
- DOT (Do One Thing)
- Alternative Break Service Trips
- Community Values Award
- Voter and Election Engagement
- Bloss Hall Civic Engagement Community
- Clinton Global Initiative University
- Day Trippers
- For Students
- For Community Partners
Make a Difference Day
Save the Date: Saturday October 25, 2014 will be the 2014 Make A Difference Day! Project details and registration will be made available in mid-October.
Make a Difference Day was held on Saturday October 26, 2013. There were 6 projects that took place in the morning and afternoon.
The CCE sponsored service projects at 6 different sites for 2013 Make A Difference Day.
- Corvallis Community Children's Center
- Corvallis Manor
- Trillum Family Services, Children's Farm Home
- Linn Benton Food Share
- Habitat for Humanity
- South Corvallis Food Bank
How we made a difference:
The Center for Civic Engagement would like to extend huge thanks and appreciation to our 61 volunteers from the OSU community who completed 6 different service projects in the community for Make a Difference Day on Saturday October 26th! The service projects were an incredible success, as OSU volunteers made a difference by painting classrooms, crafting, raking leaves, painting floors, repackaging bulk food, and digging holes for concrete. Please read below for the results in numbers and narrative form.
- 6 projects at Habitat for Humanity, Trillium Family Services, Linn Benton Food Share, South Corvallis Food Bank, Corvallis Manor, and Corvallis Community Children's Center.
- 61 volunteers
- 228.5 hours of service
- Community Impact:
- 2 classrooms and 2 large bookshelves painted
- 1/3 of the floor of South Corvallis Food Bank painted
- 3 acres of yard space cleared of leaves
- 4 raised beds cleared
- 5 berry bushes replanted
- 4 bread racks removed of rust
- 23 holes hand dug by volunteers at Habitat for Humanity
- 30-60 lb. bags of concrete moved
- Crafts made with residents of Corvallis Manor
- 7 concrete forms cut using a hand saw
- Seeds, nuts, squash repackaged at Linn-Benton Food Share
61 volunteers separated into six groups that participated in projects at Corvallis Communiity Children's Center, Trillium Family Farm Home, Linn-Benton Food Share, Corvallis Manor, Habitat for Humanity, and South Corvallis Food Bank. Two groups of volunteers spent the entire day painting 2 classrooms and 2 large bookshelves at the Corvallis Community Children's Center. At Trillium Family Services, volunteers worked hard to clear 3 acres of yard space of leaves, clear and re-seed 4 raised beds, and replant 5 berry bushes. Seeds, nuts, and squash were repackaged at Linn-Benton Food Share to be distributed to families of low-income. Volunteers had a lot of fun working on Halloween and Thanksgiving crafts with the residents of Corvallis Manor. At a Habitat for Humanity Deck Repair Project, volunteers dug 23-12 in. holes, moved 30-60 lb. bags of concrete, and cut 7 concrete forms using a hand saw. Volunteers at South Corvallis Food Bank got started on painting the floor and removing 4 bread racks of rust.
Make A Difference Day is the most encompassing national day of helping others. Held annually on the fourth Saturday of October, millions of Americans are rallied into a single day of action to help change the world.