- Ways to be Engaged
- DOT (Do One Thing)
- Alternative Break Service Trips
- Community Values Award
- Voter and Election Engagement
- Bloss Hall Civic Engagement Community
- Clinton Global Initiative University
- Day Trippers
- For Students
- For Community Partners
Day Trippers Program:
Mission: To explore outside counties and communities relatively close to Corvallis in order to learn, understand and develop relationships for the purpose of community engagement.
- Intermediary duration trip between one-time/on-going/alternative spring break
- Two main ideas; (1) to engage students in service work outside of familiar communities and counties, (2) to engage students in service work for an extended period of time for a day.
- Students, faculty and volunteers alike are able to experience meaningful service work outside of Corvallis.
- Unfamiliarity with new locations and communties requires trust among participants.
- Longer duration (approx. 5 – 8hours) allows for more impact to volunteers in the way of reflection and educational sessions that are informative to volunteers.
- CCE wishes to make new community partnerships outside of Corvallis and Albany.
Silver Falls Service Project! MAY 18th! Register here.
Project: Silver Falls Forest Work
Project time: 9:45AM to 4:00PM, with lunch break and trail hike.
Leave Campus: 8:30AM
Return to Campus: 5:15PM
Location: Silver Falls State Park Campground
Project Description: The project includes forest diversification, replanting conifers, clearing landslides, and trail work. We will also have time to take a hike with Dan Hoynacki to see the scenic beauty of Silver Falls.
Number of volunteers: 11
Children?: Yes, under supervision.
Volunteer Requirements: Please emphasize close-toed shoes and weather appropriate clothing.
Contact info: John Drischell: 541-737-3041