Student Employment at Career Services
Career Assistants support the mission and services of Career Services by providing advisement to peers, assisting in the coordination of campus programs and events, and working collaboratively with staff, alumni and employers.
This position also provides students with an opportunity to:
- Develop leadership, teamwork and presentation skills
- Obtain networking opportunities with employers
- Engage in personal career exploration and development
- Work as a member of a diverse and fun team!
- Provide peer advisement to students on resume and cover letter writing, interviewing skills and career development and assist students in utilizing career resources in Career Services
- Facilitate engaging presentations to Oregon State University students about Career Services’ programs and services
- Design, develop and implement special projects intended to enhance and encourage student use of Career Services
- Partner with Career Services staff in coordination and marketing of, and participation in services and events including career fairs, networking events, and more
- Actively participate in regular trainings and evaluations, and reserve 1 hour per week for Career Assistant staff meetings
- MUST be a self-starter who shows motivation and initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Dependable and reliable
- Positive attitude!
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interest and/or competency in social media and networking tools (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)
- Experience in web design
- Interest and/or experience in marketing
All majors are encouraged to apply. We will train you! First and second year students are strongly encouraged to apply. We will accept applications from all full or part-time OSU students.
10-15 hours/week during the academic year, beginning Fall Term. Must be available for training in mid-September (TBD). Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Applications will be available spring term and will be posted on Beaver JobNet.