- Know Yourself
- The World of Work
- Tools and Skills
- Career Fairs, Seminars, & Events
- Graduate/Professional School
- Recruiting Strategies
- Career Fairs
- Post Jobs/Internships
- Seminars & Events
- On-Campus Recruiting
- About OSU Colleges & Students
- Travel to OSU
- OSU Orange Circle Sponsorship
- Employer FAQs
- Employer Newsletter
- Faculty & Staff
- Ecampus Students
- About Us
Gain Tools & Skills!
Once you’ve figured out a career and a trail that works for you, you need to start creating your brand and practicing your skills in order to communicate who you are, what you want, and how you plan to make it happen. Start off with strong documents, and your opportunities will be plentiful along your way.
Assignment #3: Write Your Resume
Estimated Time to Completion ≈ 1.5 Hours
Step #1 - Learn About Resumes
Watch our short resume PowerPoint presentation online.
And these two quick videos:
Step #2 - Create Your Own
Using the examples we have, create a new or revise an existing resume. Submit this to your instructor as they requested or save it for self-reflection and to share with advisors, family members, or a career counselor.
Assignment #4: Get Skills
Estimated Time to Completion ≈ 1.5 to 2 Hours
Step #1 - Learn About Interviewing
When you meet others on the trail, you need to be able to communicate who you are and what you’re looking for in a career. Learn about some interviewing strategies, including this video on the STAR method.
Step #2 - Practice Your Interviewing Skills
Great interviewing is an art that requires preparation and practice. One way to practice is through InterviewStream. Instructions on logging in.
- Complete Career Trail Interview in InterviewStream.
- Copy all the questions and write out answers to three questions using the STAR method. Submit this to your instructor as they requested or save it for self-reflection and to share with advisors, family members, or a career counselor.