Emergency Ride Home
If you commute to work by bike, bus, carpool/vanpool, or walking, you may be concerned with how to get home in case of an emergency. The Cascades West Rideshare Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program is here to help. This new FREE program is open to anyone who works in Linn, Benton or Lincoln Counties. Sign up today! Rides are provided to the employee’s home, school site (if a child becomes ill) or emergency medical services location. OSU employees can use the program if:
- An immediate family member suffers an emergency and the employee can’t wait for their normal ride home.
- The employee becomes ill.
- A serious problem arises at the daycare center or school of an employee’s child.
- An employee’s home is damaged by fire, burglary, etc.
- Unscheduled overtime, authorized by a supervisor.
- An employee’s car/vanpool driver left work early due to illness or an emergency and the employee has no way to get home.
ERH cannot be used for:
- Prescheduled overtime or appointments
- Trips to the hospital in place of ambulance service
- Business-related trips
- Log into Drive Less Connect at www.DriveLessConnect.com.
- Click on "Commute Services" in the top blue bar. Click on "Enroll Now."
DON'T WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY -- ENROLL TODAY! Read the
guidelines, complete the application and submit. Your application will be processed
and you will be notified by email of your acceptance into the program in 1-2
business days, or sooner.
- When you need to use ERH, just log into www.DriveLessConnect.com, click
"Commute Services" and select "Request a New Voucher." You can use a total
of 2 vouchers per year.
- Enter the information requested on the voucher, follow the instructions, and
print the voucher. You must complete the voucher in full for it to be processed.
- Contact one of the taxi companies suggested on the voucher or another of
your choice. You will pay for the ride and Cascades West will reimburse you
later. Keep a receipt showing the cost, mileage, date, and the name of the
provider company. If a receipt isn't available, ask the driver to fill out the
top portion of the voucher, which says "To be completed by service provider."
- When you return to work, obtain your supervisor's signature on the voucher to
verify the ERH trip. Mail the completed voucher with receipt within 2 weeks of
the ERH occurrence to: Cascades West Rideshare, 1400 Queen Ave SE Suite
205A, Albany OR 97322. You should receive your reimbursement in 1-2
All the details about ERH are at: www.cwride.org/emergencyridehome.
Be sure to read the instructions.
Please spread the word about this exciting new program! Thanks!