Why Join AOP?
Why join AOP?
AOP wants to let the employees of OSU see that there is a professional organization concerned with supporting office personnel. However, AOP is not just for people who work in the office setting; academic faculty and students may also join this organization. Some points of interest for you to consider are:
- AOP is a nonprofit, professional organization at OSU, dedicated to fostering awareness, excellence, and professionalism for office personnel.
- AOP sponsors several workshops/conferences each year and members pay a reduced registration fee. We also organize brown bag lunches and tours that are of interest to the membership.
- Out of each member's dues, one-quarter goes to a scholarship fund for an OSU undergraduate student whose major or declared minor is in the College of Business or to an OSU undergraduate student, regardless of major, whose parent or guardian is a member in good standing in the organization. This past year AOP awarded one scholarship of $500.
- On the third Wednesday of each month (except July) AOP members meet for a luncheon to listen to entertaining and informative speakers. See announcements on the AOP website and activities to see upcoming events for topics that interest you, and email us or come to an AOP luncheon to let us know what topics would be helpful for your own professional development goals.
- Annually, AOP awards both Boss of the Year and Member of the Year awards at the May luncheon.
- AOP offers many opportunities for professional growth through service on one of our AOP committees. Not only can you gain valuable resume enhancing experience, but unique networking opportunities offer you the chance to get to know a lot of people around campus that you might not otherwise meet.
- OSU academic faculty and students are eligible to become associate members of AOP. Associate membership has all the benefits of active membership with the exception of holding an elective office. By joining AOP, OSU academic staff and students can benefit from the luncheons, speakers, conferences, and show support for their office staff. AOP membership forms are available on the AOP website.
Become a member: http://oregonstate.edu/aop/membership-form
To learn more about AOP read our Constitution & Bylaws.