Apply for the Master's Program
Professional Teacher Education Program:
Note: ** Make application during winter term prior to the academic year you wish to begin your program.**
Two applications are required; one to the Department of Agricultural Education and Agricultural Sciences (due to 214 Bexell by February 14) [Department Application doc], and one to the Graduate School [Grad School application]. Paper copies of the application materials can be picked up in 214 Bexell. The application required by the Department will be available no later January 10 each year.
Minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 90 quarter, graded credit hours required to advance to the Professional program.
Prerequisites met. [Prerequisites]
Minimum 40 classroom hours of Early Field Experience time as a part of the Agricultural Science and Technology (AST) program (see AED 313).
Passing grade in your AED 313 experience.
Meet with program advisor Misty Lambert.
Helpful Admission Steps
Step 1: COMPLETE PREREQUISITES FOR THE PROGRAM
AND 1040 hours of experience in Agriculture
STEP 2: COMPLETE AND PASS REQUIRED TESTING
- ORELA Protecting Student and Civil Rights in the Educational Environment (Required for admission) $130.00 (TCE 219 prepares you for the content of this exam)
- PRAXIS II: Agriculture OR 0900 (Recommended for admission; Required before full time student teaching and/or eligibility for program scholarships) (paper test - ONLY offered 4 times a year: November, April July and September) $115.00
- Assesment of Reading, Writing and Math (Required for admission) There are 4 test options currently accepted. Prices range from $85-130
- California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) Cost: $41 registration; $60 on-line ($101 total) Location: Computer based by appointment at 225 testing centers; Can be re-scheduled no sooner than 45 days, scores must be submitted by student to OSU; http://www.cbest.nesinc.com
- Washington Educator Skills Tests (WEST-B) Cost: $25 x 3 tests, plus $10 registration fee ($85 total); Location same as CBEST http://www.west.nesinc.com/
- ORELA Essential Academic Skills (EAS) Cost: $100 (for all three subtests) Location: Computer- based, year round at test centers; cannot be retaken for 30 days; http://www.orela.nesinc.com/
- Praxis Core Cost: 1 Test $80, 2 Tests $120, 3 Tests $160, Combined Test $130 + registration fee; Location: Year round at testing centers by appointment Scheduling - may be taken once every 30 days http://www.ets.org/praxis/register/
STEP 3: APPLY TO THE PROGRAM
February of the year you intend to begin the Masters program, you will apply to the program. Applications are available in the office and upon request.
STEP 4: ACCEPTANCE
In March-April you will be interviewed and, if accepted, admitted to the program and placed for student teaching. You will also need to be accepted for admission to OSU Graduate School.
STEP 5: THE WORK BEGINS
Begin the program during the last week of August.