If you are an Ecampus Student, go to: http://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/students/newly-admitted/ for information on how to get started.
1. Register your ONID account
- ONID provides students official OSU email accounts, web server space, and access to CANVAS plus your student portal http://myosu.oregonstate.edu where you can pay your ATD to notify the Admissions Office that you are attending OSU.
2. Pay your Advance Tuition Deposit (ATD)
3. Apply for financial aid (fafsa.ed.gov)
- To be considered for financial aid from federal and state sources, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list Oregon State University as one of your first six choices, with Federal School Code 003210. For the best chance of receiving aid, you should submit your FAFSA to the central processor by February 1.
4. Apply for other scholarship opportunities
- The OSU Admission Application included a scholarship section that covers the majority of OSU's various scholarship opportunities. Some OSU colleges and academic departments offer scholarships to students majoring in their programs. You should contact your major department for availability.
5. Apply for on-campus housing
- You will receive information electronically that describes the many great housing options at OSU. Apply early to secure the housing location that's right for you.
6. Immunization Record
7. Visit campus
- If you have not visited OSU or wish to become more familiar with the campus, please come visit us at any time. To schedule a personal visit, give us a call at 541-737-2626 or 800-291-4192. Also, you can check open house dates and request a visit at http://oregonstate.edu/visitosu.
8. (Fall Term Only) Attend OSU START Summer Advising and Registration Program
- START is a one day event for newly admitted Fall transfer students and is a great opportunity for you to get acquainted with campus. You will meet with an academic advisor, review your transfer work, and register for classes during START. *If you are a distance student, contact eCampus for further instructions. 1-800-667-1465
*If you are admitted for a term other than fall, you will attend an orientation. Please visit the New Student Programs website for further information. http://oregonstate.edu/newstudents/
9. Attend Welcome Week (formerly known as CONNECT)
- Welcome Week hosts several events for all new and current students to see more of what OSU has to offer. Some events do require you to register early due available space. For additional information and schedule of events, please visit the Welcome Week website. http://oregonstate.edu/newstudents/connect
10. Start classes! Fall term 2016 classes begin Wednesday, September 21, 2016.