April 28th, 2014
This Saturday May 3rd is OSU’s Spring Football Showcase. The 2014 Spring Showcase will take place at Reser stadium with the spring game starting at 1pm, but if you cannot attend, tune in to the Pac-12 network to catch the action. Spring practice is the official beginning of the 2014 season, the 117th year of beaver football that began in 1893.
Spring showcase events include “50-yard Line Sale”, Fan Fair at Parker Plaza and an autograph session. Fans have the opportunity to purchase everything from actual game jerseys and uniforms from past seasons to spring football posters. Parker plaza features numerous inflatable games, a beer garden, food samples, and a dunk tank featuring Director of Athletics Bob De Carolis.
Doors open at noon for this free spring game. We will see you there!
April 26th, 2014
To all the current Beavers,
Have you started planning out your Moms and Family Weekend schedule? This year Moms Weekend is May 2nd-4th, 2014. The weekend holds many different events and activities for you and your Mom/Family to enjoy. You are sure to find an event that catches your interest; maybe participating in the Pet Day 5k run, watching The Honors College Talent Show, or filling up on pancakes at the Corvallis Firefighter Pancake Feed.
Find a full list of events at the Memorial Union Program Council website: http://oregonstate.edu/mupc/moms
April 23rd, 2014
Registration for START will be available online the morning of May 1, 2014! START is OSU’s new student orientation, advising and registration program for students who have been admitted for the Summer of Fall 2014. Before you can register for START, you must pay your $200 Advance Tuition Deposit (by May 1st). Below are the dates and locations for START. We look forward to welcoming you to Beaver Nation!
START First Year & Transfer Student Program Dates – On the Road:
- June 6: Anchorage, Alaska
- June 14: San Francisco, California
- June 15: San Francisco, California
- June 21: Honolulu, Hawaii
START First Year Student Program Dates – OSU Corvallis Campus
- June 23-24
- June 26-27
- June 29-30 [this program offers a Spanish track in addition to the regular program]
- July 7-8
- July 14-15
- July 17-18
- July 21-22
- July 24-25
- August 25-26
- September 24 [If you are unable to attend any of the START sessions during the summer, you will need to attend this session]
START Transfer Student Program Dates – OSU Corvallis Campus
- June 1
- July 11
- July 23
- August 27
- September 24 [If you are unable to attend any of the START sessions during the summer, you will need to attend this session
April 23rd, 2014
Solar Panels on campus
Oregon State University has been named a “green” university 4 years running. In the Princeton Review’s Guide to 332 Green Colleges, OSU totaled a score of 95 out of 99. This review profiles 330 institutions of higher education in the United States and two in Canada that demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainability in their academic offerings, campus infrastructure, activities, and career preparation.
Scores are tallied based on several topics including alternative transportation, advancing sustainability, waste-diversion rate, LEED certified buildings, environmental studies programs, and several others.
OSU has over a dozen LEED buildings, with one being certified at the highest rating, Platinum. All construction and major remodels on campus are LEED silver or higher.
To learn more about Sustainability at OSU click here.
Happy Earth Week!
April 21st, 2014
WACAC (Western Association for College Admission Counseling) is pleased to offer eight College Fairs in Spring 2014. They will be conducted in conjunction with the NACAC College Fairs taking place in Southern California and in San Francisco. Come by our booth at any of these fairs to hear more about Beaver Nation, and our admissions criteria. The fairs will be held at:
Las Vegas Academy – Monday, April 28
Sacramento State – Sunday, May 4
University of the Pacific – Monday, May 5
Sonoma State – Tuesday, May 6
Dominican University – Wednesday, May 7
Mission College – Thursday, May 8
CSU East Bay – Friday, May 9
Saint Mary’s College – Saturday, May 10
Please pre-register online by clicking here.
For more information visit the WACAC homepage
April 18th, 2014
Hui O’ Hawaii will be hosting its 59th annual Lu’au this Saturday, April 19th. The event at Gill Coliseum includes an authentic Hawaiian dinner, a show, and a concert by Eden Roc.
The lu’au, which has the theme, “Onboard to Paradise,” is presented by OSU’s Hui O Hawaii with the Polynesian Cultural Club. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. and dinner begins at 5 p.m. The show begins at 6 p.m.; the concert at 8:30 p.m.
Dinner will include: Kalua pig, shoyu chicken, lomi salmon, rice, haupia, tossed salad, tofu stir fry, poi and fruit punch.
The lu‘au is a popular tradition here at OSU. It is a family fun event and allows people to experience the Polynesian culture. I definitely recommend coming down and experiencing the lu‘au for yourself!
April 16th, 2014
University Housing and Dinning Services (UHDS) at Oregon State would like to remind all admitted students that they will need to apply for housing for this upcoming school year. The UHDS housing application for housing can be found here. I would also encourage you to check out and to stay up to date of all of UHDS’ important housing dates, which can be found here.
Rendering of New Residence Hall at OSU for Fall 2014.
Also, admitted students need to remember to pay their Advanced Tuition Deposit (ATD) before May 1st. Step by step can be found here.
Welcome to Beaver Nation
April 11th, 2014
Students and Parents,
It’s that time of year again; Financial Aid and Scholarship Awards are being sent out. When it comes to accepting your award, there are a few steps you must take in order to receive your allocated funding.
- Sign up for your OSU ONID account if you have not already: http://onid.oregonstate.edu/
- This site contains sign up, login, and ONID email information as well as other FAQs
- Login to your ONID through the Online Services portal found on the OSU main page: https://adminfo.ucsadm.oregonstate.edu/prod/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin
- Of the listed links, select Financial Aid
- Next, select My Award Information in order to accept your Financial Aid award
- Make sure to select the correct school year if you are given a list of different years to choose from (Most First Year Students will only have one year to choose from)
- Accept the Terms & Conditions
- Select, Accept Award Offer
- Make your decisions about the aid you want
- When it comes to how much you are accepting, you are not required to accept the maximum loan amount offered. To borrow a lesser amount, indicate the total amount of loan you wish to borrow for the academic year.
- Click Submit when done!
If you are interested in filing for the Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan program for Fall 2014, applications will be available after July 1st, 2014.
If you have any other questions, please reference the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarship Website: http://oregonstate.edu/financialaid/
April 10th, 2014
Greetings students! Juniors, sophomores and freshman – it is never too early to start looking at what Oregon State has to offer and how you can become a part of Beaver Nation. Representatives from the Office of Admissions will be at the PNACAC Spring Sollege Fairs in Seattle and Portland at the end of April. Students should go to gotocollegefairs.com to register for the fair they plan to attend. Below is detailed information about each fair. We hope to see you there!
Location: Seattle University
Date: Saturday, April 26, 2014
Time: 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Location: University of Portland, The Chiles Center
Date: Sunday, April 27, 2014
Time: 12:00pm – 3pm
April 9th, 2014
Now that you have been admitted to your top school, Oregon State University, what should you do next? Follow these steps to finalize your enrollment to OSU, get started with housing, and attend summer orientation!
1. Pay your Advance Tuition Deposit (ATD)
- The $200 ATD confirms your intent to enroll at OSU.
- Fall Term only: Your ATD is refundable by May 1. As of May 2, the ATD is nonrefundable.
- For all other terms, the ATD is refundable up to three weeks before the start of the term.
2. Apply for on-campus housing
- You will receive a booklet that describes the many great housing options at OSU. Apply early to secure the housing location that’s right for you.
- New freshmen enrolling at Oregon State within one year of high school graduation are required to live on campus. Learn more about our first year student live-on policy here.
3. Immunization Record
4. Attend OSU START (Fall Term Only) Summer Advising and Registration Program
- START is an opportunity for new, fall term OSU students to come meet with an academic advisor, discuss program options, and register for fall term courses. In addition, both students and parents are provided useful information to familiarize them with OSU. For questions about START, call 541-737-7627 or 1-800-291-4192.
- Payment of the Advance Tuition Deposit is required to register for the START program. START registration information will be mailed to students who have paid the ATD.
- Payment of the Advanced Tuition Deposit and signing up for START will trigger an assessment of any credits you are transferring into OSU.
Last, but not least, attend your first day of class on Monday, September 29th.