OSU ADMISSIONS ADDS ANOTHER NEW AUTHOR: SARA BUSWELL

September 11th, 2013

Hello future Beavs!

I would like to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Sara Buswell and I am one of the two newest Admission Advisers to join the Oregon State University team. I come to Oregon State as a recent graduate with a Philosophy degree. I actually started college in the pursuit of Pharmacy school, but changed my mind after a few ethics classes and an admissions job on campus as a tour guide and phone counselor. Working with students, parents, and faculty who were interested in the overall goals and success of higher education is where I really found a passion and work that I enjoyed.

8874_10200701352283471_1318199843_n

Myself on the coast of Ireland during a spring break visit!

During my undergraduate years I made sure to participate in quite a few activities, as well. Because of Women’s Crew, a Greek sorority membership, an on campus job, and many different clubs I feel that I offer a great overview of the many options available for students to get involved with.

This fall I will be traveling to the Oregon Coast, Southern Oregon, and Central Oregon. For a large number of students, I can relate to the difficult transition from a small town to a large university or making such a long trek to attend school. Growing up I lived in a very small town and went to school about 325 miles away from my own home.

I look forward to sharing my experiences and the wonderful opportunities that Oregon State University is able to offer its students. Hope to see you on the road!

GO Beavers!
-SB