You’ve been admitted, what’s next?
If you applied for OSU Scholarships through the admission application and you were selected for a scholarship award, you will be sent a letter of offer. You must respond to this scholarship by May 1, 2013 to secure any scholarship awards prior to the deadline. Scholarship offers are now only accepted online! Follow the instructions in your offer letter. The scholarship letter of offer is not the same as the financial aid award offer which may note the scholarship offer as an estimated form of assistance for the school year.
If you submitted your FAFSA, you will receive a Financial Aid Award Offer. This letter outlines your financial aid package listing the financial assistance Oregon State can offer to help bridge the gap between your own resources and the cost of attending OSU. Awards are generally based on financial need as determined by the FAFSA. This includes gift aid such as grants, self-help programs like student or parent loans and work-study.
View and accept your Financial Aid Award through OSU’s Student Online Services:
- Log in using your OSU ID number
- Go to Financial Aid and select My Award Information
- Choose Award by Aid Year and select your aid Year
- Under the far right tab, click Accept Award Offer
- Make your decisions about the aid you want and hit Submit when done
*Please note: Pell Grants do not require acceptance. Scholarships require submission of the acceptance letter, which is sent separately from the award letter.
Pay the Advance Tuition Deposit
To confirm your intent to enroll at Oregon State University you must submit the Advance Tuition Deposit (ATD) forma long with your $200 deposit. This allows OSU to create your student account and make plans for your arrival. Your $200 deposit can be applied to your tuition or any account balance you may have.
Payment of the ATD is required to participate in the START program, where you will meet with an advisor and register for Fall term courses. There are two ways to submit the ATD form and payment –complete the form online and pay electronically or print the form and mail in with a check.
Depositing your ATD online is the easiest and fastest way to submit the funds. Go to http://infosu.oregonstate.edu/login and enter your student ID and General Access Pin (GAP). Once you’ve accessed the system, click Admissions then Pay Advance Tuition Deposit and follow the instructions. As of May 1, 2013 your deposit is non-refundable.
Live on Campus
University Housing & Dining Services (UHDS) provides opportunities for student growth and development through educational, cultural, recreational and social programs in living/learning communities. Studies continually show that students who live on campus their first year have a higher average GPA than those that don’t, and these students are more likely to return for their second year on campus.
Students apply to live on campus after being admitted to OSU, and will use their ONID (OSU Network ID) account to complete the application online at http://oregonstate.edu/uhds .
UHDS is proud to offer the Roommate Matching NetworkTM to students applying for on-campus housing. This program allows students the option of creating a personal profile and reviewing the compatible interests and habits, you can contact them directly and select to live together.
Important Dates for On-Campus Housing:
- November 1, 2012: New student housing application available
- December 1, 2012: Roommate Matching Network available
- May 20, 2013: New OSU students in academic groups (University Honors College, Engineering, and the Austin Entrepreneurship Program) may select rooms
- May 28 – June 2, 2013: New OSU students who completed a housing app before February 1, 2013 may select rooms
- June 5 – June 17, 2013 at 5 PM: New OSU students with completed housing applications may select rooms
- July 1, 2013: Assignment notifications available on MyUHDS for new students (dependent on space availability and application date)
- August 1, 2013: New student cancellation deadline
Need to log into OSU’s Student Online Services?
Go to http://infosu.oregonstate.edu/login and enter your student ID (found on your letter of admission) and General Access Pin (GAP) to access the system. First-time users will enter their six-digit date of birth as their GAP.