College Goal Oregon is a free event throughout January to assist Oregon college-bound students and their families with the financial aid application process, specifically with completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Oregon Student Assistance Commission (OSAC) scholarship application.
College Goal Oregon is a program that stems from College Goal Sunday, which started in Indiana in 1989 and has now been implemented in 47 states. Thisprogram is a partnership between OSAC, Oregon Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, the YMCA, and financial support from The Lumina Foundation for Education .
Oregon Goal College 2012 will be occurring on the Saturdays of January 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th at various locations throughout Oregon. To find a site and date for you to attend, please visit www.collegegoaloregon.gov. What documents should you bring with you? Check it out below:
- Yourself and parent/guardian if possible
- Most recent completed federal tax form. If you haven’t filled out your taxes, estimate. You can send in the exact numbers later
- Current value of assets, including cash, checking, savings, investments, and value of business/farm, if any
- Social security numbers of student and parents
- Driver’s license (if any)
- Alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen.)
Don’t miss out on such a great opportunity!
Oregon State University Financial Aid and Scholarships: http://oregonstate.edu/financialaid/