The University Honors College (UHC) is a small degree-granting college within Oregon State University. The UHC offers OSU’s most prestigious degree, the Honors Baccalaureate Degree, which can be earned in any undergraduate major. Some of the benefits to the Honors College are:
- Graduate with the Honors Baccalaureate degree, one of about 13 such degrees in the nation
- Be a member of a tight-knit community of about 800 students
- Small class sizes (no more than 24 students)
- One-on-one interaction with faculty
- All classes are taught by professors, not teaching assistants
- Personal academic advising from the UHC advisors
To apply for the Honors College students must meet the minimum criteria. For First Year Students they must have a 3.75 cumulative un-weighted GPA OR 1820 SAT OR 27 ACT. For Transfer Students they must have a 3.25 cumulative college GPA. Students that wish to apply must first apply to OSU, and then they can fill out the separate UHC application.
There are two deadlines for the Honors College, November 1st and February 1st. For those eager beavers, make sure you get your application in before next Tuesday, November 1st!