OSU Admissions Adds Another New Author: Bree Mead

October 26th, 2011

Hi everyone, my name is Bree Mead and I am a new admissions advisor for Oregon State University. I just recently graduated from OSU this past June with a Bachelors Degree in Art History and Fine Arts with a minor in Spanish. For my Art History Degree, my area of interest was Mesoamerican Studies and for Fine Arts my focus was Printmaking.  I am from Novato, CA (just 30 minutes north of San Francisco) and I was a First Generation student. College was such an exciting time for me, going out of state really pushed me in unexpected ways and I am very proud of the woman I have become at OSU. Within those years, I had studied abroad in Santander, Spain, been president of my cooperative house, been a housing tour ambassador for four years and was a Community Relations Facilitator, teaching social justice and diversity in the resident halls.

One thing that I loved about OSU was the fact that it was very accepting of my being undecided with my major.   Originally I thought I wanted to be an Art Teacher but then through my experiences on campus within housing, it really made me love working with students and making them feel at home within the OSU community. Oregon State University really is a phenomenal educational institution which provides students with tons of resources to becomem the best version of themselves.

This is me with my Linoblock Print I produced to be in our Senior Show.

So now that I am an Admissions Advisor, I am so happy to be able to go travel to Arizona, Utah, Southern and Central Oregon to tell students about all the amazing experiences that Oregon State University has to offer them.